Saturday, January 25, 2014

No cheat Saturday

Daily gratitude:  I am grateful that my father in law is going to be okay after suffering a fall and a bleed

My husband is back from one night of camping.  He did not do as well as I did and managed to consume half a bag of Doritos.  We decided we needed to juice today and save the cheat day for tomorrow.

Rise and Shine Blended Juice

2 cups of Festival Blend fruit
1.5 cups water
1 banana
2 cups spinach
Blend thoroughly and enjoy

This is our go to juice for the morning and we love using the frozen fruit.  It makes it a little thicker and a little colder.  If you use frozen fruit, make sure there is no added sugar.  I normally measure mine out and let it thaw for about an hour prior to blending.  I have an old blender and it needs a little help with the frozen and hard chunks

We made two vegetable juices for the day.  The first one is a V-8 type juice.  Here is my recipe

8 plum tomatoes
cucumber
celery
1/4 onion
parsley
red pepper
lime
Through the juicer    I will probably add a hint of hot sauce to it.

Our other juice was a green juice using kale.  This recipe will make about 60 ounces

2 bunches of kale
2 cucumbers
2 grapefruit - peeled
1 blood orange
Look at the color of that kale coming out of the juicer.  Green goodness.  

Now that the juice is made for the day, we can go about our business and not have to worry about stopping our day to make juice.  I find that this way keeps us more on track than having to stop and make the juice.  

Enjoy your day.  Happy juicing.

No comments:

Post a Comment