Thursday, February 6, 2014

Two-fer

Daily gratitude:  I have not been feeling very grateful this past week.

Today was a clearing out of the fridge.  Going away this week end and I need to get foods on the brink out of there.

Mocked V-8 juice
7 Roma tomatoes
6 stalks of celery
6 carrots
1 beet top
1/2 a lemon
1/2 head romaine
half bunch of parsley
1/4 red pepper
1/2 small white onion
All ingredients thru the juicer

I tend to add a dash of hot sauce to this drink to make it spicier.




The Nutribullet has arrived.

I took advantage of the 139.99 deal HSN.com had going for the 900 Pro series.

My first use was a disaster.  I did not follow the instructions to the T and overfilled slightly.  It squirted everywhere.  Once I followed the instructions, no problem.  It really blends up the greens and the fruits extremely smooth.  Nuts and seeds are not really ground up that well and will settle in the bottom of your drink.  I may omit this from the morning routine.    Fiber is left in this drink and will keep you fuller longer.

I would recommend this blender to those looking to add a juice to their diet and do not 3 want to get a juicer.

No comments:

Post a Comment