Thursday, March 20, 2014

Juice... and dinner, too

Matt and I have really cleaned out our diet since starting this juice diet.  One of the go to recipes that I just started making are quinoa stuffed red peppers.

I make them in the afternoon and then they are ready for the oven an hour before dinner.

1 cup quinoa in 2 cups of water (I add 2-3 bay leaves)
  follow the directions on the quinoa package)
1 can black beans
1 can corn
1/2 jar of your favorite spaghetti marinara sauce - I use La Famiglia DelGrosso Sunday Marinara
mozarella cheese (optional)

Cut 6 peppers in half and take out the guts.  Salt and pepper to the peppers.  Stuff with the mixture
You can add cheese to the top if you want.  Again.  Optional

350 degree oven for 40-50 minutes.

Serve and enjoy

Now for Juice

When I make 2 different juices, I get all of my ingredients out on the counter and washed and bunched together.



Sunshine popeye
3 cups spinach
2 oranges peeled
2 cucumbers

I tasted the orange in this one.

Ridgeback Lemonade

3 green apples
1/2 romaine head
2 lemons
bunch dandelion leaves and stems.

A lemony favorite of mine


Popeye on left, Lemonade on right.

Enjoy your juices.  And the peppers.

No comments:

Post a Comment