Monday, March 24, 2014

Feeling inspired... and citrus benefits.

It's Monday.  Again.  We have decided that the last 2 cheat days have gotten out of hand and we are going back to what we were doing in the beginning:  Being careful on cheat days, but enjoying one meal of what we want.  My meal is usually a burger.

I am feeling inspired because I got an e mail from my Uncle Jerry and he requested prayers due to some health concerns.  I told him of course and then shared with him our journey of juicing.  He asked for all of the information and I sent it.  I then talked to my cousin this morning and I am sharing it with her as well.

It makes me feel great when I can help people.  This juicing has helped me tremendously.  The first week is the hardest, but once you see the weight loss, it will keep you motivated.

Monday's juice.  For the following recipe, I basically used up any greens that were on the edge that were in my fridge.  If you only have fresh, use those

Green Citrus Lemonade
Half head of Romaine
4 leaves of butter lettuce
bunch dandelion greens
1/2 lemon and peel
1 orange (peeled)
1 grapefruit (peeled)
2 apples

My next juice is tried and true and very kid friendly.  Want to get the kids on juice?  Use this.  Sweet, a little tart and healthy!  They will never know they are also drinking celery.  The color is also kid friendly.

Tart Celery
4 apples (granny smith are best)
10 stalks celery
10-12 carrots



Some of the benefits of citrus:
Vitamin C 

Cancer prevention

Did you know that lemons are one of the most alkaline foods?  Cancer can not grow in an alkaline environment.  Add lemon to your water and drink to your health.

Oranges have been known to lower your bad cholesterol!!

Citrus helps eliminate free radicals from the skin helping to keep it young and healthy!

Oranges help in the absorbing of Vitamin D and calcium, leading to stronger bones.

Grapefruit helps boost your metabolism and aids in weight loss

So don't overlook these delicious fruits and add them somewhere to your diet.








No comments:

Post a Comment