Thursday, March 6, 2014

Change up

Normally I get the hubby to make the juice in the Breville and then I do the blended juices.  Today, I did the Breville since he was out late and still in bed.

I had an epiphany on Monday.  I am going to have to eat a burger on my cheat days.  It is what I crave and I am not satisfied until I have one.  Which usually means I cheat!  Yes.  On Tuesday, I had a burger at lunch. And guess what?  That craving ended and I found it easy to juice on Wednesday and I have no cravings today either.  I had the same thing happen the first week.  I wanted a burger, didn't get it and I was in torment all week long until I could eat on on Sunday.

My best advice is that you eat what you crave on your cheat days.  If you don't, you will continue to crave it!!

Cucumber Melon blast

Whole cantaloupe
1 cucumber
run it thru the Breville

It smelled delicious!  I can not wait to try it.

Spicy Greens
bunch of kale
4 celery stalks and leaves
handful of fresh dill
2 apples
cucumber
ginger
turmeric
small bit of fresh jalapeno
peeled lemon

The dill smelled outrageous going thru the juicer.  So delicious.

Experiment with your ingredients.  I know I do.  I remember some combinations to enjoy later and some I take off my list.

One of my new favorite ways to get beets in my system is the juice I made on Tuesday.  I made it again yesterday.

1/2 beet
4 peeled oranges
peeled grapefruit
1/2 sweet potato
5 carrots
turmeric

I call it the Hi-C.  It really calms the flavor of the beet down and it tastes very citrusy.

Enjoy your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment