Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Wheatgrass

I bought my wheatgrass already sprouted from a produce store.  When I got home, I planted it in a planter on my patio.  it has since taken off and I am cutting the tops off for my morning smoothies.  The cut parts are going to grow back, so I will enjoy wheatgrass for the summer.

Benefits of wheatgrass are numerous.  Increases red blood cell count, helps lower blood pressure, helps to cleanse the colon and all blood organs.  It is also known to stimulate the thyroid helping to fight obesity.  The biggie is that is helps restore the body's alkaline state.  Cancer can not grow in an alkaline body.  It helps to fight tumors and neutralizes toxins.

I add it to my smoothies.  People with the masticating juicers usually juice this on its own and drink a "shot" of wheatgrass.

I really can not taste it when I add a hand full.  Besides, after reading all of the benefits it provides... wow.  I will eat wheatgrass more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment